miércoles, 22 de febrero de 2012

error mounting replica LUNS on VMWARE ESXi5

Hi,

a days ago I had some problems trying to test replicas between two EMC arrays connected to different vSphere 5 clusters.
I openned a request with EMC and they told me replica was fine.
I tried to mount the datastore by using esxcli the next command:
esxcli storage vmfs snapshot mount -u "4xxxxxx-99xxx-b555-001xxxxxx8"
It faulted with error and redirected me to vmkernel.log.
I reviewed vmkernel.log and I saw an error “Denying reservation access on an ATS-only vol”, I search for this error (and many others).
Finally I got this KB article on Vmware. It is not really same case but I tried it on a nonproduction server and finally VMFS5 datastore could be mounted.

After disabling these features I finally could mount snapshots of replica, and the replica itself when testing promote.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario